When I first started seeing the
OBGYN for this pregnancy I told her that when the Dr. was taking out Eli she said that I would need to have a c-section if I was going to be having any more babies because of
adhesion's.
Adhesion's are scar tissue that is spiderweb like. So she sent for the operative report. A few visits later she said that she may want to do an
amnio at 37 weeks to see if the baby's lungs were ready and if they were then she would take him out at that point. Well, later when we were talking about scheduling a c-section she told me that she couldn't schedule it any earlier than one week before he was due. I reminded her about the whole 37 week thing and she said that she didn't think that taking him that early was necessary any more. Then, on Wednesday she called and said that after reviewing my chart she was going to need a bladder/bowel specialist in the OR with her and she would be assisting them during the c-section because my
adhesion's were so extensive. She also said that she was going to schedule an
amnio for Thursday. I really didn't want to go the
amnio route because I have heard about the possible complications but, I thought that if she was recommending it then the benefits must outweigh the risks. So yesterday at 8:30am we went in for a
NST then the
amnio and then another
NST and everything went fine. I was told that I should have the results within a few hours. At 4pm I was calling my doctor to see if she had the results. I was told that the nurse was on the other line trying to get the information from the hospital. My doctor called at 5pm and said that the baby's lungs are quite ready so we are going to have to wait for now and possibly do another
amnio in about a week. So we are back to the same waiting game as everyone else!