

I'm so lucky to have the kids that I do. I mean there are those days that every time I turn around I want to pull my hair out and I'm running around like a chicken trying to avert crisis's but, then there are the other days I am in awe at my great blessings.
I know that my kids are so special and recently I've been reminded that they are precious children on loan from our Heavenly Father. Last fast Sunday, Kenzi wanted to bear her testimony, I went up with her last time but, when she turned and asked me this time if I would go up with her, my eyes just filled with happy tears. I told her that she had better take her dad this time. She did a great job! I get a little nervous thinking that she might share some embarrassing family secret but, she has a genuine testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I cried my eyes out the entire time! My friend Jenny Done, looked back at me and laughed, that is how emotional I was. Then today, Eli had his first opportunity to say the opening prayer in Primary. He does a pretty good job saying prayers on his own but Spencer and I thought that one of us should probably help him since it would be the first time in public. However, it turns out that Kenzi was sitting up on the chairs in front waiting to help him. It was such a precious moment for me to see what a great relationship my kids have with each other. Of course it was the sweetest prayer ever!
Today at church we talked about how to teach your kids about faith and repentance. Yesterday, Kenzi and I had a mother daughter date. We went to Jenny Done's daughter, Ceileigh's, baptism. It was a great opportunity to talk about the Holy Ghost and the feelings that we felt while we were there. What a huge responsibility I have to teach my children how to get back to their Hevenly Father someday! Actually, sometimes I think that they are the ones teaching me about Heavenly Father's plan. Like when we are walking down the street and Eli waves at random people, he has even gone as far as knocking on a car window just to wave hi to the people inside, or when we go to the play area at the mall and Kenzi scopes out the kids deciding which ones will be her friends (at least for the afternoon), or when she asks if she can go invite a neighbor to go to church with us in 2 hrs. I wish I could be so brave and outgoing. I think that I'm doing well when I introduce myself to an unfamiliar face already at the chruch building! I'm sure that it is only the beginning of the many life lessons my children will teach me!




No comments:
Post a Comment