
We arrived at the hospital at the scheduled time. We checked in and the ladies at the front desk said that it was going to be awhile because they had had an eventful morning. One lady had her baby in the hallway and another had come in with no prenatal care and ended up delivering twins. We waited in the lobby for awhile then they called us back, much sooner than we expected. I got a 2hr operation prep in about 30 minutes including epidural and all. The specialist that was going to be preforming the c-section needed to stay on schedule so I got to go in before my doctor's first scheduled c-section. The worst part of the prep was getting the IV's started in both arms because I was at risk for bleeding due to the adhesion's. Putting in the epidural was a snap although when they got everything set up in the OR and started the incision I could feel everything. Don't worry I told them! It took awhile for the epidual to take especially on the left side so the specialist just went ahead and used a ton of lidacaine. It took about 30 minutes for them to get through the adhesion's and get the baby out. He did really well. His first apgar score was an 8 and the second a 10. He setteled down very quickly so when Spencer first brought him over to me I told him to take him back because I wanted to hear him cry more!

He was born at 11:17am. He weighed 6lbs. 9oz. and was 18" long.

I got to hold him and admire him all of the way to recovery. Wow, baby number 3.

The kids absolutely love him. Kenzi is so excited to be a big sister again. She doesn't want to give anyone else a turn holding him. She will make a great mom someday! Eli is excited too, he likes to hold his baby brother and be right by him. After awhile though he thought that is was pretty fun to explore the hosiptal rooom.

Levi LaMonte is the name that we finally decided on. LaMonte is after my Pappy Newhouse. We hope that Levi has the courage, strength, and dedication that his Great Pappy has. As you can see, Levi has been practicing playing Superman so that he can keep up with his big brother!

We finally got to come home Friday afternoon! We are both doing great!




13 comments:
Congratulations! We're so happy for you guys. I love his name. :) Good luck with three!
He is so cute! I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats! Welcome to the family Levi!
He is so gorgeous! I'm so happy for you!
Congratulations Guys! He is adorable!
Yeah! I'm so glad you were able to decide on a name. It's so cute and he is too! Let us know if you need anything.
Awe . . . he's so cute. Congratulations! I'm going to be leaving town for 10 days this Thursday. If you feel up to doing pictures in the next three days let me know and we'll get it done before I leave and he's past that two week mark. ;) If that doesn't work we'll hook up when I get back.
You look so good in your picture with your new baby. I always look so beat up. Congrats . . . you will do great with three.
Levi, love the name. Just glad he has one. hehe Such a beautiful baby and I love the going home outfit. ;) Call me if you need anything.
Congrats Marci and Spencer! He is a real cutie. Eli must be so excited to have a little brother. I am glad that everything went well. I will have Eli announce in class tmr about his new brother. Must be so cute to watch Kenzi be a little mommy. Leah is begging me sometimes to have another baby.
See ya when I see ya Marci, take care!
He is so cute. I can't wait to be able to hold and squeeze this little guy.
He is a luck boy to have you both as parents.
Love, Papa
Congrats! He looks so sweet! I hope you are all doing well.
I am so happy for you, I don't know why that made me cry!! what a cute tiny baby.
It's so good to see your family is doing great. I've missed you! Much love!
Post a Comment