Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary

We will see how this garden grows! If it does, I'm sure that it won't be because of anything that I did!

These plants were actually planted about two weeks ago. I work with the young women at church and I am working on earning my Young Women Medallion again. For the faith value project I am supposed to read some scriptures and talks on faith and then plant a vegetable garden. I need to spend at least 10 hours to complete this project.

Everyday I go out and water the plants which include; 2 roma tomato plants, 2 cherry tomato plants, red and green lettuce, 1 regular sized tomato plant and one green zucchini plant. Yesterday, I finally saw some of the "fruit of my labors"! Below is a picture of a cucumber plant!

Just for fun I decided to try and plant some seeds. My good friend Allison gave me the other plants already started. Thanks Allison! All I can say is, "Wow, I germinated!"

5 comments:

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

ha ha ha,

"wow, I germinated.."

someone has a sense of humor here....


hahahaha

I think it is SO neat that you are working along with the YW on earning the medallion. No other better way to teach than by example.

allie said...

Your plants look so good! Hopefully you'll be blogging about salsa & spaghetti sauce in a few months with all your tomatoes! :)

Heather said...

Those look great!!

Jueneta said...

You are lucky to have sunshine, our snow will not go away. I have my tomato plants sitting in my kitchen window begging to be planted. Good luck with garden. I just love it.

Camille said...

That looks so good. That's so great that you're getting your Medallion too.