Sunday, October 4, 2009

What's A Boy To Do?

I'm sure that you can relate. We were trying to come up with some creative ways to get the kids to sit still and listen during Saturday's sessions of conference. I know that Makenzi enjoys some mani, pedi time and she is usually fairly quiet so I think that it would be a good idea to sit in the vicinity of the TV where we can hear conference and get out the nail polish. Not 5 minutes into it Eli is asking if he can get some blue toe nails. To which I reply that boys don't paint their nails, they do things like play with tools in the garage. A few minutes later he comes back with a car. A hot wheels model of my dad's firebird none the less, and wants to give it some new "stripes".

Then it needs to dry. Right.

Well if you know Eli, there is no way that he can sit still for longer than a few minutes and to get this dryer to work you have to hold down the bottom button. This very creative kid added some polish weights! And there you go, problem solved.

4 comments:

Camille said...

He's so smart, you've got a little cutie on your hands. That sounds like you had really great ideas for the kids during conference.

Elisha said...

Love it. Smart kid.

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Very ingenious. He always was a creative type boy from what I have seen from last year in class.

mjderu said...

Hey sis, I updated my blog just thought I'd let you know love ya.