
This Thanksgiving was wonderful! I think that it may go down in my record books of one of my most favorite Thanksgivings ever! This year my little brother and my little sister and her husband came down to warm Tucson. They arrived the night before bearing packages of goodies from my mom. On Thanksgiving morning we took the turkey out of the fridge to get ready to put in into the oven and the insides were still frozen. I'm not sure why because the Turkey had been in the fridge for a few days. (Maybe I need to check my fridge settings.) Anyway, I read the cooking time on the turkey bag, then I read the cooking time on the cooking bag, then I read the cooking time in the America's Test Kitchen cookbook. We decided to go with the cookbook's recipe. Unfortunately, the recipe wanted us to use a roasting pan with a "V rack" so that we could put vegetables underneath. I didn't own one at the time so we came up with an idea to use the throw away roasting pan and a wire rack that came inside our microwave. Spencer bent it a little bit and we rested it above the cheap roasting pan and put all of that on top of a large cookie sheet. The turkey turned out beautifully if I do say so myself. Spencer helped out a lot as I couldn't lift the 22 lb turkey out of the oven by myself!

Mika make frog-eye salad and a yummy broccoli salad. They are traditional things that Jordan, her husband usually has at his family's Thanksgiving feast and we wanted him to feel like he wasn't missing anything. Mika helped me set the table. We had a hard time deciding whether or not to put a tablecloth on the table. In the end we decided that we liked the woodsy look of the bare table. (Maybe I still just like looking at my new table.) I got chocolate turkeys for place setting holders from Cost Plus World Market, one of my favorite stores.

Later that night, we broke out the games. First we played Cadoo with the kids and then after we put the kids in bed we played Curses. We had a lot of fun!


The next day Mika and I got up early and did some Black Friday shopping. I must say we were pretty successful! Then we all headed to the Titan Missile Museum. We learned all about the Titan Missile. We even got to go underground and hear about all of the steps that it takes to be able to launch a missile that size!
For lunch we went to a local Mexican restaurant. Then it was time to take Kyle to the airport. Spencer took the boys with him to drop Kyle off and Jordan, Mika, Makenzi and I headed out to do some more Christmas shopping!


On Saturday, we all headed out again for an adventure but after eating lunch and having more than one emotional breakdown from the kids we decided that Jordan and Mika might have more fun if just they and I went down to Tombstone. So Spencer being the good dad that he is took the kids back home for naps and we drove down to Tombstone. We stopped at boot hill where the McLaury’s are buried. Then we had a good time walking into the past, down an old time street. Mika found some cute cowgirl boots while we were shopping there. I think that Jordan enjoyed seeing the actual place that the historic shooting at the O.K. Corral took place.
It was sad to say good-bye on Sunday morning. We had such a great time we sure hope that we can do it again sometime!




4 comments:
Thanks for letting us come down sister we had a lot of fun!
Looks like a fun thanksgiving. Black Friday success makes waking up early all worth while.
Good job on the turkey! I don't think I could do that! Looks like a fun time. I love your table :)
That looks like so much fun! And thanksgiving dinner looked beautiful.
Post a Comment