So you probably already know that I have somewhat of a carpet disorder. I am extreamly picky about the cleanliness of my carpet. (Don"t worry, I don't care what yours looks like.) A bit of OCD should we say. It started in Texas when we moved into an appartment that felt like it had a layer of scum on the carpet. It totally grossed me out! I would not walk on the carpet without shoes on and it totally freaked me out that my at the time 18 month old would roll around on it all day. So having said all of that I haven't had much time to vacuum this month. I really like to vacuum at least once a week. So I'm wondering how often you vacuum. Does vacuuming the number of times per week per person in your house really increase the life of your carpet? If so how in the heck do you find time to vacuum that many times per week. For us that would equal 5 days a week. Do you vacuum one direction and then turn 90 degrees and vacuum the other way?

As I was vacuuming last night I was thnking to myself, "WHY in the world did I let my carpet get this bad!" Then I thought about how most of the month I have been sick with something or other and have been in survival mode and that does not include vacuuming. Then I realized that I have another good excuse why.....but he's worth it!
8 comments:
He is so cute!
I'd say if you only have to vacuum once a week you're doing dang good! I often leave my vacuum out because I have to vacuum so often. It bugs Clint actually that I don't put it away but I get sick of wrapping and unwrapping the cord. I think I'm doing something seriously wrong because I have to shampoo my carpet once a month or sometimes every other month. I often ask myself why the heck it requires so much maintenance to keep the dang thing clean!
That said, the tile (specifically the grout) that's what I really hate! I want to rip it all out and put in wood floors.
I'm with Ashlie on the tile and grout and the vacuuming. Rodney too gets irritated with me for leaving the vacuum out. I grew up in a house where my mom (OCD) would vacuum at least once a day...(AT LEAST!!!!!!)...she's down to only once a day now. She has told me that it does lengthen the life of the carpet...and some other things that make me want to vacuum more but alas I don't want to spend the time vacuuming all the time nor do I have the time. Hope you find a happy medium! I usually wear socks so I don't have to feel all the little crud under my feet! GRoss...I know...but I'd always be vacuuming...UGH!
We ripped all the carpet out on the main floor and put in hardwood, but I have to sweep about 3 times a day. It really sucks.
I vacuum once a week and we don't wear shoes on the carpet and that helps. At least you have a great vacuum and so when you find time to vacuum you are really doing something.
I have that same feeling!!! If I can see something on my carpet I have to vacuum! I usually only get to mine once a week too! And I have to have my "vacuum lines" all going in the same direction! (BTW...your carpet looks GREAT! All in order!) No wonder we get along SO well! Apparently I have a little OCD myself! (From living on dirt apartment carpet too, I think!) My little guy has to be right in the way when I vacuum too! In fact, for Christmas we got him his own dirt devil hoping that he would leave me alone while I take care of my fetish! (It works some of the time.) I LOVE seeing who cute your kids are!!!:)
I only vacuum once a week now, but when the kids were tiny I did it every other day. I love that we have wood floors downstairs. It makes it so much easier! I just Swiffer vacuum it once a day, and it's good.
So..did ya just get yourself a Dyson? I just had to laugh...and laugh. I feel a lot like you on clean carpet. My carpet OCD used to be so bad that it was near threatening (okay, not completely, but you get the point) my early years of marriage with my hubby. But then I fell in love with the yellow Dyson. Now I have the purple Animal Dyson and he is my second best friend. (Hubby is the first). Now this is how I vacumm: I make my kids do it. They have to vacumm Mon-Fri. BUT they don't do a really good job. Sooo. once I week I will vacumm REALLY good getting all the nooks and crannies. Then my kids just help with the basic dust upkeep and keeping the mites out etc etc... So that's my vacumm plan.
I didn't vacuum as much until I got the Dyson. I love to vacuum with it! I actually thought of you because I know you got a shampooer a while back (I think). Do you like it? I had some guy come and shampoo and I could not tell a difference at all so I never get that done but I probably should. I hate that our carpet is starting to show traffic spots! By the way, your carpet looks so good in the picture!!
Post a Comment