Thursday night we brought all of the kids into the Master bedroom to keep warm with a small space heater that my friend Brittany had brought over. She was going to borrow it from someone else in the ward but they ended up going to stay with family in Mesa. It was really kinda crazy. Makenzi and Garet were in the bed with me and Gavin and Eli were on the floor next to us. Gavin has been waking up in the middle of the night for some reason so that night was no exception. He woke up and woke up Makenzi and Garet so the four of us were awake from 2:30am-3:30am. When we got up on Friday morning the thermostat in the house said that it was 60 degrees! Burr!
I just had to put this picture in so that we could always remember how much fun it is to try to take a picture of our two year old!
I had Garet stay in his warm jammies all day to try and keep him warm but his poor little fingers were all purple so I ended up putting sockies on his hands to help keep his fingers warm.
Friday morning brought more problems. We had a pipe burst outside from the freezing temperatures. I woke Spencer up when I saw that water was running out into the road from between our house and the neighbors house. He went outside and figured that he could cap off the pipe so he headed to Ace Hardware. It is nice to have a handy husband! When he got back from Ace he said that he talked to the guys there about turning our gas back on by ourselves. He bought some leak tester spray stuff and was confident that he could turn our gas back on and relight our pilot lights. I was a little nervous but he was insistent. Live or die man! right??? Well we are still alive and now we are warm and clean so all is well!




5 comments:
Whoa, crazy how cold has it been there? We have some friends in Texas who have been having lots of ice and snow. I didn't know Arizona was in the cold blast too. Sometimes it is fun if it is only for one night, that is unless your pipes break...
We stashed our family with one heater in the master room as well. Along with 3 layers of clothing, beanies and socks on our hands and feet. Our thermonstat said 58 degrees. It was harder keeping a 2 story house warm. We didn't have heat or hot water for 3 days. Eek!
Crazy weather. We were lucky we only ended up with a broken pressure regulator. Isn't it nice to have a handy husband.
It's funny to think you were cold! We always keep our thermostat at 60 during the night to save on energy. Plus I don't mind snuggling up in cozy sweaters and big blankets. Is your stove electric or gas? It looks like you guys had a really fun 'slumber' party; it'll make for great memories later in life. And Happy Birthday by the way! :)
How crazy. I loved reading your post about your experience and the fun the kids had sleeping in your room.
Post a Comment