Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Garet is 10 Months-Little Stinker

My baby just keeps growing whether I want him to or not!  It is so much fun to have a sweet baby in the house.  This baby can be and has been a little stinker when it comes to sleeping.  He is the complete opposite of Gavin.  Lately his trick is to wake up when laid down in his crib.  I have to just let him cry it out.  I really don't like to have him cry because he doesn't just cry anymore, he screams.  In fact, he screams so hard that he has broken blood vessels in his eyes.  Little stinker!
He gets around quite well these days.  He is crawling all over the place and putting everything that he possible can into his little mouth.  It has Spencer quite worried that he might choke on something.  The last time that we had a baby at this stage we also had a dog that went around and ate everything that could possibly harm the baby.  So for the moment I miss having a dog around.
Garet's latest trick is to pull himself up on things and then stand.  The kids think that this warrants attention with a dramatic, "MOM, MOM!" until I am looking and then they say, "Garet is standing!"  I know that this is so exciting to see him standing all by himself but, I almost have a heart attack when the big kids act that way.
So there you have it, my baby is quickly becoming a toddler.  I relish these last days, weeks, months, however long it is going to be until my little stinker is walking around the house.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the sadness of a growing baby! I guess it's time for another. You better get on that. :)

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

What happened to Dottie then? (if you miss having a dog around)

Elisabeth said...

Oh, I completely know what you're saying. Good times for sure!

Camille said...

Great post. It goes by fast.