We feel so blessed to have four healthy children. Garet has a personality all his own! He is such a serious little guy! People, especially strangers have a very difficult time getting him to smile at them. He just looks at them, then at me, as if to say, "Mom, who does this person think she is?" I just have to apologize and explain that he is a hard one to crack! He is not like the other kids at all.
Garet has officially started walking. He still mostly prefers to crawl but he doesn't hesitate to stand up in the middle of a room and take a lot of slow steps! He has been and still is a stinker when it comes to sleep. We are working hard at getting him to sleep through the night since it has been over 365 days and I have only had 6 nights of uninterrupted sleep! The hardest part is letting him scream his little head off! One, because Makenzi sleeps in the same room (since she is off of school for fall break she will be sleeping in my room) and two, he screams so hard that he has been known to break blood vessels in his eyes. Everyone says that we just have to tough it out!
Everyone just loves Garet, he has everyone wrapped around his little finger. He has the "baby of the family" thing figured out already.
To celebrate his first birthday, and the last of our first birthdays, we had a small milk and cookies themed party. I am so grateful for our good friends that we have here. Thanks to those who helped us celebrate!
Cake Smash Photos
He really enjoyed his cake!













8 comments:
I can't believe he's already one! Your food styling is gorgeous, and I love the cake photos. :) He is such a cute little guy!
You most definitely have him figured out as you get such cute smiles in all his pics. I'm sorry he can be a stinker; he always looks like a content, quiet kiddo. At least you know he's happy :)
I love how your dessert table turned out! So cute! And of course Garet is as adorable as ever. :)
that year seems to have flown by to me, it seems like you just had him! your birthday decor looks FABULOUS, as always. You are so talented with that Marcie. I love the cake shots too :)
You did such an amazing job with all the decoration, and the cake smashing is a cute idea. Happy Birthday to Garet!
So cute! I love your cake smash photos.
The pictures are adorable. Perfect party and pictures for his first birthday.
Cutest decorations ever! You should be a party planner :)
Post a Comment