Sunday, May 11, 2008

Horney Toad

Notice the heart sticker in the box.
Yes, that is my kitchen tile!
I also had a heart sticker on my arm!


On Thursday Spencer brought home a pet for the kids. This isn't the first time that he has brought one of these horney toads home! The first time we actually looked into keeping it but, after researching and discovering that one of these lizards needs to eat about 100 of a specific species of ants per day and that it would cost us about $40 per week to feed it, we decided to find it a good home out in the desert. This one's fate will be the same. The kids get so excited about taking care of a pet. The first thing Kenzi does when she wakes up is that she runs and looks outside to make sure that "Spike #2" is still there. She is always thinking about what Spike needs or how to improve his home. In fact that is why the pictures of the lizard are inside our house. I heard the kitchen faucet running and asked Kenzi what she was up to and she said that she was just getting Spike some water. Then the mom instinct kicked in and I asked her where Spike was. I wasn't surprised when I walked into the kitchen and the box was in the middle of the kitchen floor.
Eli's contributed the heart stickers. He found a sheet of heart stickers from my scrapbooking supplies and decided to put them on the people or in the lizard box, that he loved!

2 comments:

Suzann said...

Your kids are great! I remember having a pet like that as a kid. We had this enclosed area around our basement windows, and we'd keep it in there.

Anonymous said...

That is one cute baby tummy!