Saturday, May 17, 2008

Yesterday.....

Well yesterday was one of those days! I promise that the following was not intentional. I had been thinking to myself for awhile that I needed to document a day in the life of Eli and when yesterday started out the way it did I thought to myself, this is the day.......


First, this is almost a daily occurrence at our house. Luckily I usually hear Eli pulling the bar stool across the tile and run to stop him before he eats the whole bowl full of candy.

While I was trying to put together a photo key chain for Kenzi's teacher, Eli was content using my scrapbooking pop dots to decorate the TV armiore. I took this picture and then he took a picture of me trying to pick 100+ individual squares off of the carpet. I almost posted that picture but you don't want to see me in my pajamas!

Then when I thought that Eli was in the bathroom taking care of business, he was really emptying the toothpaste in the bathroom sink!

I had just finished ironing Kenzi's dress for graduation when...Eli decided that he needed to use some Vicks vapor rub for "his heartbeat". He had the greasy stuff on the front and back both hands. I was alerted to this one by the smell!

Finally, we were babysitting some friends kids, when Kenzi came in and told me that Eli had just peed outside on the back patio cement. What?? This is the picture of him wiping off his feet and legs in case of any over spray.

Oh yah, between the toothpaste incident and the Vicks fiasco, he decided that he needed to lie on the couch and take a nap. I don't think so buddy. If I don't get to take a nap, then you don't get to take a nap!!

You know those days when you look around before going to bed and think to yourself, what a mess, what did I get done today? I'll have this to look back at and remember what being a mom really means!

3 comments:

Suzann said...

Oh Marci, What a day you had! I am glad to know that I'm not the only one! Good thing we love these little guys so much! After all they do grow up way too fast!

allie said...

So funny! It makes me feel better knowing that other people have days like mine. :)

Ashlie said...

Good jog Eli, way to uphold the good name of little boys! I mean us mom's would just be bored out of our minds all day if they didn't work so hard at giving us things to do, right? . . . sure! ;)