Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Trip To Germany Part II

Spencer and I headed to the Rhine River Valley for a night. We booked this hotel on a discount website before leaving. Once we got there Gavin and I waited in the rental car while Spencer checked us in. When Spencer showed us the room I asked him if this was really our room and if all of the rooms were like this one. Then I asked him if he upgraded us. He said that when he checked in the guy showed him this room and asked if it was okay. We think that we got lucky and got the sweet because Spencer said that he peaked into another room when it was being cleaned and it wasn't as nice. It was the closest that I've been to feeling like a princess. A mural of a castle was painted on the wall behind the bed and you could draw the curtains. We left the twinkling stars on all night for the night light so that I could see when I got up with Gavin. It was the nicest room that we have stayed in since our honeymoon!

This is the Marksburg castle. We toured this castle after spending the night at the hotel. We were hoping to tour a lot of castles however, we got there the day that the winter hours started so this was the only one that was open on a Monday.


This is in Munich where the Olympics were held in 1972.

This is the museum at the Dochou concentration camp. This is the origional building where the prisioners were processed and tortured among other things. The whole area is a memorial. It was sad to think about what the "prisioners" had to go through and how scary it must have been.



This is the Pratt's and us at dinner. It was fun just to see the everyday places that people went to and learn about all of the differences in the ways of living.


This is Gavin on the airplane on the way home. He is such a great baby. He has now been spoken to in at least 3 different languages. Of course all of the flight attendants had to stop and talk to him and make him smile!
Thanks mom and dad for keeping Kenzi and Eli so that we could run off to Germany!!!

1 comment:

It all started with a Kiss... said...

I can't believe you went to Germany. Not only did you not tell me, but you didn't invite me? LOL. What an amazing opportunity, and a great get away for you and Spencer. Everything there looks so beautiful and exciting.
I can't believe how much Gavin has grown just in a month. He is SO handsome!!! I could keep him and just have twins. He would fit right in with Keagan.
Love you guys, and Happy Thanksgiving.