Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to All

On Christmas eve we went over to our friends, Todd & Suzann's house for dinner and to reenact the nativity. We also did a fun thing called Christmas pie where everyone has a string that is attached to a present inside of one big present. Everyone pulls their string together and they come out of the big package at once.

When we got home the kids opened their Christmas jammies, then went outside to feed the reindeer special reindeer food (oats with glitter).

Then the kids hung the magical key for Santa to get into our house because we don't have a fireplace.

Eli woke up at 7:30, which is late for him. He ran into our room and said "Santa came! Santa came!" "Did you peek?" "Ummm." Then Spencer had to go get Kenzi out of bed but she was excited once she was fully awake. We ran into the family room and left Gavin sleeping soundly in his bed. It was a ton of fun seeing the kids react to what Santa left for them. It was probably the best reaction yet! We spent all morning opening presents and playing with all of the new toys.

In the afternoon we went and saw The Tales of Despereaux. When it got dark outside the kids got their jammies on and we drove around and looked at Christmas lights while sipping hot cocolate and listening to Christmas music.

We hope you had a great Christmas too! And to all a good night!!!

3 comments:

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Loved the Christmas jammies. We have the same tradition too! I loved seeing MacKenzie "grow" on her birthday layout posted previously.

We did have a great Christmas and so glad you all had a great time too!

It all started with a Kiss... said...

I love the "special key" idea. I just always told my kids that Santa makes a fireplace just like on the "Santa Clause" movies with Tim Allen. We also do the magic reindeer dust too. I thought maybe you would come to see your family, but I'm really glad to hear that you all had a great Christmas in Arizona!!!

Jueneta said...

I too love the idea about the magical key. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas.