Monday, May 14, 2012

Our New Small Town Life February-May

 We are still trying to adjust to all of the changes that have happened over the past few months.  We feel really blessed being in the house that we are in.  We feel like it was meant to be!  When we knew we were going to be moving, we started looking for places to rent.  We would think that we found a good fit for our family, Spencer would call to go and look at it, and by the appointment time it would be under contract.  Our budget had to keep getting bigger and bigger.  I was beginning to get stressed out!  Then, my friend Elizabeth, called and asked if we had found a place to live.  I explained to her that we were having a hard time.  She told me that her sister was renting a cute house and that they would be moving out.  She gave me the land lord's contact information and I called immediately.  Spencer ran to the house right after work that day.  He sent me a text with pictures and said that he thought that it would work for us.  It had four bedrooms, wasn't anything fancy but, the rent was great for our budget. We jumped on it!
 We have had a lot of fun doing small town things!  We spent a lot of time putting in a little garden.  I'm pretty happy that things are growing!  We have strawberries on a regular basis and we almost have zucchini that are ready to harvest!
 The little boys help we pull weeds and water the garden every morning.  In this small section we planted watermelon.
 Washington just celebrated their annual Cotton Days with fun family activities every night last week. On Monday night we went swimming at the community center for free!
 Spencer's mom came down for a quick visit.  On Thursday night we had free ice cream in the park!
 Conference Weekend
 One of my family traditions growing up was to go on a car ride and listen to conference.  I remember parking near the Park City ski slopes and watching the skiers come down the mountain while eating tuna fish sandwiches.  We want to keep that tradition alive so we took our little family on a drive and picnic.
 Here is a taste of the beautiful landscape.  This is where we parked while we had our picnic.

We ate in the back of the Pilot and listened to conference.
 After conference was over we went on a hike and found some dinosaur footprints!

We also had a great time climbing on the red rocks!

Kids + Mud= A Fun Mess




One weekend we had fun watching the air show! These are the Blue Angels.

SkyWest Mini Indy

 Every year SkyWest hosts a fund raiser where local companies can buy a mini race car and participate in a mini Indy race.  SkyWest chooses some of their best employees to come and be on their team.  One year Spencer got to participate by being one of the few selected!  This year since we live here he was volunteered to be the track coordinator.  That is him directing traffic!



We went out to the race track to watch some of the fun.

 Kyle's Birthday
 My little brother came down to celebrate his birthday!  We made him play one of our favorite family games called Headbands. 
 For his cake he wanted home made cinnamon rolls!  We were so glad that he spent his special day with us!
 Later in March, my parents came down and we celebrated again!
 Back to the garden...We planted it a bit early.  I'm not a gardener so I was just going off of the packages that the seeds came in.  Overall everything is turning out great! 
 We all worked really hard.  We spent a Saturday putting in our irrigation system that waters each box.  Then on Monday night we had a FHE lesson about faith and work and we did our planting!
                                                
 We planted spinach, 4 different varieties of small tomatoes, 2 different large tomato plants, cucumber, zucchini, crook neck yellow squash, and red leaf lettuce.  Already planted for us were some onions, strawberries, and blackberries.  More recently, we planted corn and watermelon.
                                 
 Valentines Day
 For Valentines Day Garet decided to clean the floor for me!  He insisted really!  He loves the vacuum and my steam cleaner.  Anytime I get them out he cries hysterically until he gets his turn!  He is quite the little helper!

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Marci! I am SO happy to see you and the family enjoying your new home! I wondered how everything turned out for you guys and hoped all was well. I loved the pictures of everyone, especially seeing your amazing garden. Great job :)

Crimson&Howitzer said...

I love that Garet vacuums :) Bryan absolutely loved helping his mom with chores when he was little too...I hope Laith and Vivienne beg as much as your guy does!

Heather said...

Looks like you guys are having so much fun! Your garden looks awesome. I'm impressed.