Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things



This morning Eli and Kenzi were pretending that Eli was an elephant. I hadn't combed Eli's hair yet so I walked over to him to put gel in his hair. He said, "MOM, elephants don't need hair gel!"

The other day in the car Kenzi asked me, "Mom, how does Heavenly Father know if we are a boy or a girl spirit? Do they wear name tags?"
My answer: Well, our spirits look just like our bodies and since Heavenly Father made all of us, he knows who we are. He knows that you are Kenzi and he knows that Eli is Eli, etc.

Awhile back I was making dinner for our family. It was a family favorite called mandarin chicken. The recipe calls for ketchup, sugar, vinegar, chicken stalk, etc. Kenzi was watching me put in the ketchup and then the sugar. She kinda gave me a weird look and asked, "Mom, are you sure you are following the recipe?" I had to show her on the recipe card that the recipe really called for those ingredients before she would believe me!

3 comments:

Ashlie said...

I didn't know you had a blog. Yeah, I'm so excited!

Horny toads eat ants?!? Where do is Spencer finding the horny toads? I gotta get me some.

Ashlie said...

That would be "Where is Spencer finding the horny toads?" Not where do is. :)

Marci said...

He brings them home from work. I guess that they like running around on hot asphalt!