
Spencer saw that I was writing this post and he revised the above portion a little bit. So to make a long story short I sent him to the store to get a couple of things. One of the things that I asked him to get was broccoli. Before he headed out the door I went over the list with him to make sure that he knew exactly what I expected. (one of the things that the counselor told me that I needed to do a better job of) Also something that I have learned from past experience was that I needed to be specific. He had a question about the broccoli. Just how much broccoli? I wish that I could have scanned in the list so that you could see how specific I was. Well sweetheart, I need five stalks of broccoli. (A little number 5 was written next to the word broccoli on the list.) S: "Okay,five bundles?" M:"5 stalks. Not bundles." So awhile later he comes in the front door and I walk over a little perplexed as to why he has 5 bags full of groceries when there was merely 5 items total on the list. Something just didn't add up. My loving husband had purchased 5 rubber banded bundles of broccoli which equaled 2 whole bags full of broccoli. Talk about adding more fiber to your diet.... Needless to say we have more broccoli than I know what to do with. It seriously fills our refrigerator's vegetable drawer!




3 comments:
wow, that is a lot of broccoli!
That is hilarious!!! I could totally see Cameron doing the same thing. Good luck trying to use it all!!!
I have some good recipes if you need to use up some of that broccoli!!
Post a Comment