Thursday, August 26, 2010

33 Weeks & Counting


Yesterday I had an OB appointment. I'm going every 2 weeks now. Fun. I take Gavin with me and he sits in his stroller like a good boy while the Dr. measures my tummy and listens to the baby's heart beat. I measure right on track. I have gained approximately 30lbs. Yep, that is almost a pound a week, so by the time I have this baby......No, I think that I'll gain really close to the same amount that I did with Gavin. Even though I didn't think that there was any way that I would fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans after Gavin, I did. So we will see how this one goes! The Dr. informed me that she would like to do the c-section on a Tuesday when the same specialist that was in the OR when I had Gavin would be available this time in case she felt like she needed his help with the adhesion's. So for now the date is scheduled for 10-5-10. Although, she does want me to start non-stress tests after my next appointment to measure uterine activity. If I am having a number of contractions and she is uncomfortable with the amount of activity she would like to deliver the baby earlier than that. I'm not really sure why they have you do non-stress tests because real life is anything but non-stress! Anyway we'll go with what she says because she is the professional!
I know that I have mentioned it before but, this pregnancy has gone by so fast! I don't get sick when I'm pregnant, or really I should say that I don't throw up because of pregnancy hormones when I'm pregnant because at the beginning of this pregnancy I was constantly sick with something or another. My biggest complaints would have to be the indigestion and my hips aching at night. Seriously though, I don't know how people with indigestion cope. I guess that they can take a lot more antacid options where I'm limited to Pepcid complete and Zantac. They don't do much for me so I have to be really careful about what I eat. However, remember I have had no trouble gaining weight!
Spencer has been great. He lets me sleep in while he gets Makenzi ready for school. I'm not a morning person and I have never claimed to be and when I'm pregnant I definitely feel better all day if I can sleep in until 7 or 8am.
We are looking forward to meeting this little guy! This is the first pregnancy that I have felt the,"Okay, I'm ready to have this baby now" feeling. So we'll continue to count down the days!

6 comments:

Jueneta said...

You have a perfect model belly. Good luck in the next few weeks. Waiting is never fun.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Cute belly alert! You are so darling. :) If you decide later that you don't want to take the baby home with you, you can call me, and I will take him. :) Deal? Alrighty then!

Miss you!

Brooke said...

I still think you are one of the cutest pregnant women. The time will be here before you know it!

It all started with a Kiss... said...

You look AMAZING!!! Can't wait to see this new little guy! Hope everything goes well for you!!!:)

Heather said...

You have the best baby belly ever!

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Can't wait to see your cute baby! Three boys and one girl is just perfect!!